The Livermore Housing Authority (LHA) is committed to leading Livermore’s efforts to provide affordable housing for low-income households. LHA strives to
- Deliver high quality, safe housing to residents,
- Provide related resources for those seeking housing, and
- Be an advocate and champion for affordable housing, leveraging our financial and physical resources and civic partnerships to increase the local affordable housing supply.
By partnering with community organizations and other agencies, we will create and enhance affordable housing opportunities and services that address the needs of low-income people in Livermore.
- This includes upgrading the existing housing facilities and expanding the number of units in LHA’s portfolio. LHA will also apply for additional funding and vouchers when made available by HUD to expand the HCV program.
- We aspire to provide resident services that support individuals and families in transitioning to improved financial circumstances.
Key measures and processes
- Long-term strategies with actionable, measurable goals and milestones and a process for periodically evaluating our progress.
- Occupancy rate in our units of 90 percent or greater, vouchers issued as they become available, meet objectives for quality in our affordable unit housing stock.
- Build out process for adding affordable units.
- Optimize staff and training in alignment with our strategy and goals.
- Establish communication and coordination within the Housing Authority to track our success metrics.
- Establish and maintain a work environment that is healthy and constructive for everyone, emphasizing our individual and collective value as a team.
- We treat our clients, colleagues and partners with respect, integrity and appreciation while providing quality housing assistance.
- We continue to develop new solutions to house more families in need.
- We are receptive to new ideas, reward creativity, encourage open and honest communication and strive to keep everyone informed regarding our goals and progress made in achieving them.
- We partner with other agencies in the city and county to offer more value to our clients.
- We collaborate with each other to create affordable housing that is safe, secure, nurturing and free from aggression.
- Our work reflects an equitable and compassionate response to the needs of a diverse community including families, veterans, seniors, and people with disabilities.
- We create a safe environment for feedback from each other, our partners and our clients that ensures we hold ourselves accountable for adhering to our values.